We can accept many types of donations. Here is a list of common and helpful donations. Please bring any donations to the Pantry during our open hours of 10 am-12:50 pm, Monday-Thursday. Call us at 307-275-0567 if you have any questions.
- Monetary donations. Every month, the operating expenses for the pantry warehouse, the cost of food purchases, and even diesel fuel for our reefer refrigerator/freezer add up quickly. You can be confident that 100% of your monetary donation goes directly to offset our operating costs or purchase food for clients. Send checks to: St. Joseph’s Food Pantry, PO Box 1411, Cheyenne, Wy, 82007. Make online donations through St. Joseph’s Catholic Church (be sure to choose Food Pantry under the “Fund” option) or directly through PayPal. You do not have to have a PayPal account to donate.
- Non-perishable goods. We will take your non-perishables! We can accept non-perishables that have not expired, as well as canned goods that have expired within the last year. We use FDA guidelines on out-of-date food and how long it can be safely stored and used. If you don’t know if your food is acceptable, just bring it in; we check everything before it is re-distributed.
- Refrigerator and Freezer items. We can accept refrigerator and freezer foods as long as they are not expired or opened. Bought the wrong milk by mistake? No problem, we will distribute it! Just like with our non-perishable donations, all items are checked for best-by dates and seals before being distributed.
- Produce. Did your garden produce too much rhubarb this year? Great! We’ll take your extras! We accept garden vegetables as well as any store-bought produce or fruit you’d like to donate.
- Medium-sized boxes and plastic bags. We go through a lot of boxes and plastic bags in one week, just to package up food for distribution to our clients. We are happy to recycle as much as we can!
- Personal hygiene items. Many times our clients are in need of shampoo, conditioner, soap, toothpaste, toothbrushes, and even laundry soap. Hotel-size soaps and shampoos are great for our homeless clients.
- Pet food. Folks run into hard times but still need to take care of their pets! We see so many of our clients whose pets are comforting companions and furry friends. We can take your dog or cat food, even if it has been opened.
- Diapers. We are always in need of diapers, particularly the smallest sizes (newborn -2) and the largest sizes (5-7).
What we CAN’T take: Below is a list of donations we cannot accept. If you are looking for a local agency to take these items, please contact Goodwill Industries of Wyoming, Salvation Army, NEEDS, Inc., or the Comea Shelter.
- Household goods